Mommy Makeover techniques are the best way to restore and rejuvenate the mother’s body before pregnancy.
If you are pregnant and not overweight, Mommy Makeover may be right for you. During the consultation, the surgeon will offer you several options based on your history and physical examination. Counseling will help you find the right answer to all your questions and concerns.
Having a baby changes a woman’s body, and things do not always go back to the way they were in the past. A specialist surgeon can help alleviate the effects of childbirth, restore the previous shape or even improve it through specific methods for the breasts and body.
Mommy Makeover can be done using cosmetic surgery, non-surgical treatments, or a combination of both.
One of the most valuable moments in a mother’s life can be having a child. On the other hand, the consequences that childbirth can have on a woman’s body are very unpleasant. Although many mothers do their best to stay in shape before pregnancy, often, loose skin and weight gain can be unavoidable, especially if they have been through more than one pregnancy.
Some areas of the mother’s body, such as the chest, abdomen, lower back, and buttocks, become more severe after pregnancy.
There are several ways to shape a mother’s body before pregnancy and childbirth. Target organs are:
- The abdomen
- Upper limb
- Lower limbs
Most of the techniques that can get you back to pre-pregnancy and postpartum are focused on the chest and abdomen. These techniques include Tommy Tuck, mammoplasty, mastopexy, breast prosthesis, body and limb sculpting. Although the term Mommy Makeover is new, the methods associated with it have a long, successful and safe history.
Today, most women see famous and influential people with a well-balanced body in society and cyberspace, who are encouraged to pay more attention to their body, physique and lifestyle.
A well-balanced appearance reflects a good inner feeling and high self-confidence that transmits positive energy to those around you.
Five Facts You Need To Know About Mommy Makeover
We prefer to use the phrase “regaining prenatal attractiveness” instead of Mommy Makeover. The popularity of Mommy Makeover is increasing and now more and more women are referring to the cosmetic surgery specialist to recover and improve their physical physique after childbirth and are seeking to regain prenatal attractiveness. Due to the growing popularity of Mommy Makeover, you will find a lot of information about it by searching cyberspace, but rest assured that not all of them are true. So we decided to share these facts with you to help you live up to your expectations.
Pregnancy and childbirth reduce the attractiveness of a woman’s body. With the help of the above plastic surgery expert advice, you will be informed about the changes and improvements you are considering. There are several options for surgery, some of which are most common:
- Increase breast volume (breast prosthesis)
- Reduce breast volume
- Breast lift
- Sculpting using the advanced Wiserlipo and Pal system
- Tommy Tuck
- Genital rejuvenation
The second fact:
In the consultation session, according to the history, physical examination and test results, the subspecialty surgeon decides to perform the desired surgeries simultaneously or separately.
Never apply for a Mommy Makeover right after giving birth. Many mothers are eager to get back to pre-pregnancy with unimaginable speed and haste, but the body needs time to recover. The type of surgery you have in mind inadvertently requires certain principles and timing. For example, in the case of breast surgery, you should basically wait 6 months after breastfeeding, and if you are not breastfeeding, be patient for 3 to 6 months after delivery, then have surgery, because the breast changes are over and The result of the surgery will be more lasting.
Abdominal surgery is appropriate when at least 6-12 months have elapsed since delivery and are relatively close to prenatal weight.
It makes sense to postpone Mommy Makeover until after the last delivery.
The results of Mommy Makeover will vary depending on the type of surgery, the person and the lifestyle. Do not expect immediate changes. It may take several months to see the full and lasting results of this technique. Having a healthy diet and regular exercise will improve Mommy Makeover’s amazing results.
Although Mommy Makeover takes its name from new mothers who want to use combination cosmetic surgery to regain their prenatal attractiveness, this technique is not unique to mothers and can be applied to anyone.
A few things you need to know before Mommy Makeover
- Reproduction can nullify all the results of Mommy Makeover and get you back to square one. So if you are thinking of getting pregnant again, avoid plastic surgery.
- You can add advanced techniques such as Lipo and Pal visor as well as Botox and filler injections to Mommy Makeover if needed.
- Mommy Makeover is not as painful as you think, because in recent years PCA techniques and new pain reduction and pain medications have been used.
- The time required to do Mommy Makeover is between four to six hours.
- Moms often ask about the best time to do Mommy Makeover. The best time to have surgery is at least six months after giving birth and breastfeeding.
- Before doing Mommy Makeover, be sure to consult with a plastic and cosmetic surgery specialist to have a clear and logical view of the results.
The perfect candidate to do Mommy Makeover
Breast and abdomen cosmetic surgery helps women regain their attractiveness. The salient features of a good surgical candidate include the following:
- Having a very high motivation
- Consistency in performing proper sports activities
- Having a proper diet
- Being at the target weight (do not lose or gain too much weight)
- Look the way you feel and easily put on your old clothes.
Simultaneous breast and abdomen cosmetic surgery in appropriate conditions is not a problem.
Patient safety is very important to me and I will only do Mommy Makeover in the right conditions.
Mommy Makeover is designed to reverse the physical changes associated with childbearing and aging. If you have the following conditions after giving birth, it is better to think about doing Mommy Makeover:
- Sagging breasts, uneven breasts, decreased breast volume, sagging nipple and wide halo
- Increase the volume of the breasts after childbirth so that it does not fit your body and even leads to neck and shoulder pain.
Loose abdominal skin and accumulation of fat in the abdomen and flanks
- Excess fat in the area of love handles, buttocks and thighs
Having early signs of aging on the face and around the eyes
If you have good public health, a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are likely to be a good candidate for Mommy Makeover.
The perfect time for Mommy Makeover
Determining the right time for Mommy Makeover is largely a personal decision between you and the specialist surgeon. However, there are certain factors to consider:
If you are planning to become pregnant again in the future, non-surgical body contouring and skin treatments are cost-effective options for temporary treatments.
Breast reduction surgery is usually performed 6 months after breastfeeding.
- Breast lift surgery is usually performed 6 months after the end of breastfeeding.
Abdominal surgery is appropriate when at least 6-12 months have passed since the birth and you are relatively close to prenatal weight.
- It makes sense to postpone Mommy Makeover until after the last delivery.
It is recommended to avoid the use of non-surgical treatments such as Botox injections and fillers during breastfeeding.
- Preferably use antibacterial soap while bathing from two weeks before surgery.
To prevent constipation, eat a light meal two days before surgery.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing on the day of surgery and during recovery.
Tell your doctor about possible illnesses and medications you are taking.
Avoid any nicotine-containing products for at least two months before surgery. These products may adversely affect blood flow and delay the healing process.
Avoid taking aspirin, naproxen, ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatory drugs, alcohol, vitamin E and other herbal products as they may cause bleeding.
Avoid eating and drinking for at least eight hours before surgery.
- Follow and follow your surgeon exactly.
- After surgery, wear the prescribed gun to reduce swelling.
Moderate bruising, stiffness, swelling, and postoperative pain are predicted.
Avoid exercise and heavy work.
- Alcohol and smoking are prohibited.
It is best to take one to two weeks off to help with your recovery.
- You can treat the scar according to your doctor’s advice.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Surgical bracing is required for several weeks.
Bathing is unrestricted for two days after the operation.
- Avoid stretching your upper body to prevent swelling.
- Preferably avoid driving for one to two weeks.
Avoid lifting heavy objects, contact sports and running for up to six weeks.
- Scar treatment in any way (any lotion, solution or herbal material) without consulting a specialist surgeon is prohibited.
- It is necessary to have a companion in the first 24 hours after the operation to help you take the medication and meet your needs.
Tell your surgeon immediately if you have shortness of breath, chest pain, palpitations, severe dizziness, severe nausea or vomiting, fever over 38.2, and bleeding at the surgical site.
Ask your surgeon for advice on using a pain pump as well as painkillers.
- Having a babysitter for the first few weeks after surgery; It is especially necessary if you have young children (s).
Limitations and risks
Fortunately, the serious risks of Mommy Makeover surgeries are very rare and the satisfaction rate is high. Potential risks will be raised with you during the consultation. Performing this procedure by a skilled and knowledgeable surgeon minimizes complications.
All surgical procedures have risks. Some of the possible complications of surgeries are as follows:
Adverse reaction to anesthesia
Bleeding and hematoma
- Changes in skin sensation
Allergic reactions to medications
Blood clots in the legs or lungs (embolism)
Mommy Makeover results will be lasting if you do not give birth again or lose significant weight. Plastic surgery can not protect you from natural aging. Breast prostheses are not permanent and will probably come when you have to replace them.
For safety as well as the most beautiful and healthy result, as well as for evaluation, at certain times and whenever you have a question about Mommy Makeover, do not hesitate to see your pediatric surgeon.
Some important tips
- Before complete recovery, strenuous physical activity will erode the desired results and even cause serious damage.
Adequate rest after Mommy Makeover surgery is essential to speed recovery.
- After surgery, you will receive comprehensive instructions and it is essential to follow them carefully.
- If you start your previous intense activities quickly, it will face many side effects and will negatively affect the outcome of your action.
You need to maintain your ideal weight after Mommy Makeover by exercising and eating healthy habits. Severe weight fluctuations can negatively affect the results of your action. For example, only gaining more than 5 kg after abdominal surgery causes stretching in the abdomen. Gaining or losing more than 5 kg after a breast prosthesis basically causes you to lose what you have achieved with breast surgery.
- Avoid Mommy Makeover until you are sure you do not plan to have a miscarriage. Pregnancy and childbirth can ruin all the results after you tighten your abdomen and shape your breasts as before.
If you are a smoker, I recommend that you avoid smoking to maintain the results of the procedures performed and to maintain your general health.
- At least six months after surgery, try not to expose the surgical incision to direct sunlight.
- Be careful in choosing a surgeon.