In addition to its pivotal role in the face and the important role it plays in a person’s beauty, the nose also plays a role in breathing, smell, sound production, air conditioning of the middle ear, and moisturizing the sinuses; Therefore, the aesthetic and functional aspects of the nose have inseparable interactions. No skilled surgeon will sacrifice the functional aspects of the nose to the aesthetic aspects.
The goal of modern rhinoplasty surgery is to create a harmonious and beautiful nose without the obvious effects of a rough operation on it, according to the building principles of all the individual components of a person’s face separately. The result of this surgery is an increase in the beauty of all facial components, including the eyes and cheeks, especially while maintaining the function of the internal elements of the nose.
Basically, in a modern rhinoplasty surgery, a person’s facial changes are usually much more noticeable by those around the person.
The art, technique and use of new diagnostic and therapeutic tools are essential for this type of surgery.
Awareness of new therapeutic and diagnostic techniques for rhinoplasty and endoscopy of the nose, sinus and laser is one of the important tools of a modern rhinoplasty surgery.
The distinguishing feature of modern rhinoplasty surgery is summarized as follows:
- Surgery with very delicate devices that minimize damage to the elements inside and outside the nose.
- Use new medications to reduce bleeding during and after surgery.
- Use very fine osteotomies to settle on the bony part of the nose and implants that reduce the need for a tampon inside the nose and in many cases will not even require the use of a tampon.
- Use a laser and endoscope to correct problems inside the nose at the same time, such as the nasal septum, nasal branches, sinuses and polyps.
- Sutures the nose with special stitches (preservative rhinoplasty) instead of removing and weakening the nasal skeleton.
- Absorbable sutures are often used and no sutures need to be removed after surgery.